Required documents for all borrowers:
- Clear copy of your driver’s license
- Copy of your Green card (front and back) if you are a Permanent Resident Alien.
- Copy of your work visa if you are a Non-permanent Resident Alien. If your visa has expired please provide your extension paperwork (I-797).
- Copy of your last two month’s bank statements for all assets. We need every page of the statement even if the page is left blank intentionally. Please be sure to include the statement for the account(s) that you are using for your earnest money deposit, remaining down payment, closing costs, and potentially reserve funds.
- Homeowner’s insurance policy for the new property. If you are buying a condo/townhouse and the HOA’s master policy does not cover “walls-in” insurance or HO6 insurance AND betterments and improvements – you will need to get an HO6 homeowner’s insurance policy. If you are not already in contract to buy a home we do not need this for your preapproval.
- If you own other properties, we’ll need the mortgage statement, homeowner’s insurance declaration page and HOA statement (if applicable) for all properties. If we are using rental income to qualify please send us your most recent personal tax return. All pages and schedules please.